Monday, May 08, 2006

Ready, Set, Work!

I'm home today with DD Lizzy b/c it is DH's first day at the new job. unexpectedly soon, too. Wow, they were anxious to get him started, seeing that he received confirmation of his start date only three days ago. (Friday after 4pm no less). so, the rat race begins with a bang.

Which leads to lots of scrambling on our end to figure out childcare, especially since I haven't even given notice yet! Tomorrow's the big day for that conversation (yay), but with the caveat that I can continue working (from home, ahem) until they get a replacement. I'll offer to go in 1-2 days a week, but I'd be surprised if they go for it. They wouldn't let me work from home when I asked about it last Feb.---however, there is a lot of stuff that needs to be done in the coming weeks, so eh! who knows! It's prolly going to be one of those "gotta go ask the big boss" kind of things.

Just put DD down for a nap. she is getting so much better at this sleep thing. Granted, this time around she cried, but only after being in there for over a 1/2 hr of what I guess is trying to get herself to sleep. I kept hearing little noises and of course the birds going, so who knows. She was WAY tired when I finally went in. I picked her up and she quickly fell asleep in my arms. I love her! Aw, i just had to say that. sometimes she is just so damn cute it makes me sick! :-P hahahaha

Anyway, she's off sleeping, which always makes me think....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
What should I do now???? I always have 10 million things to do when she's awake & I can't do them, but when she's alseep I don't know where to start. Plus, she's a light sleeper, so I don't want to make too much noise.

I'm finding that I'm really not all that upset about quitting my job. When I'm not there, I don't really miss it, which speaks volumes. It would be easy to walk away from it. I just know that I'll need something work-wise to do during the days that I'm home though, lest I go completely mad with baby talk and baby toy songs going through my head! I'll spare you the torture.

Well better go and make the most of my baby-sleeping time! WHEEE

No comments: