Thursday, August 23, 2007

patience, my dear...she's 2

Some days I am just so freakin' tired of being a stay-at-home mom. I need more patience obviously. This sounds ridiculous and trivial, but if you've been there I'm sure you can relate.

It's 2:35. She got upset because I took away her sticker book (after repeatedly saying that we were done playing with it) and told her it's time for nap. Then she didn't want to read any books, yet she kept demanding that mommy "read story! story! storrrreeeeeee!!!" She said she was thirsty, so I went downstairs and got her some water, and then she cried out for juice. (If I would have brought juice, she would have cried out for water. That's the way it usually goes. Can mommy catch a break here?) I say that she can have juice after nap and as pleasantly as possible tell her to "go to sleep" and "have a nice nap."

So here I am. whew.

As I sit and type, I hear her upstairs in her room, not crying, but just whining a bit. I'm waiting for her to get up and come out of your room and say sweetly "nice nap" or a hurried "go pee-pee! go pee-pee!" or some other wiley diversion.

I'm thinking...please Just Go To Sleep! Mommy needs time to herself. Mommy also needs to clean the house, dig in the backyard, do laundry, clean the kitchen, pick up toys, sweep the floor, and ten zillion other things, but please, for the love of God, Go To Sleep so mommy can at least have a 1/2 hour of escape/quiet/me/rejuvenation time.

sigh.

Anyone? Anyone?

No comments: