Friday, November 17, 2006

Blogger Beta---yeah it is!

Let me just say that I'm kinda irritated Blogger Beta's claims that it would be sooooo much easier to customize (ok, I'm paraphrasing, but is it just me or didn't they make it sound like it would be a cinch?) Whatever. It's not. It's easy if you want to keep the same template but change fonts and colors. WHEE. Oh I guess you can add some new "elements" to the page, but even these are pre-programmed. I took one look at the new "customizer" and just about barfed.

So, here's my take on trying to customize Blogger on my own. It's a start. And I in no way shape or form claim to be good at this. Frankly, I don't know what the #$% I'm doing here. For instance, I'm having issues with the background and think I may ditch it altogether. I like having my own header though. I've been wanting to figure that out for months. I finally holed myself up in a room last night and just threw something together while my poor hubby was downstairs with a very cranky Lizzy. Poor dears. I guess mommy really needed some time away from it all. Why mommy picked wrestling with Blogger and HTML code instead of going out and doing something that's actually fun is a whole other issue. eh, I'll tackle that one later. maybe.

For now, I'm open to suggestions and any help on my HTML debacle displayed herein. :)

No comments: